BFW Bangkok Edition Designers
'Fashion for me is a lifelong pursuit of excellence…an honest endeavour to interpret the mysticism that lies beneath the woven thread…'
Profile Neeta Lulla whirled into the fashion scene more than two decades ago.Hailed as the 'Czarina of Indian Fashion' Neeta Lulla is today a force to reckon with in the glamour and the fashion retail industry. Her designs have not only been recognized in India, but have also acquired great acclaims globally.Expertise, clarity and creativity, humility arising from quiet confidence has earned her both respect and clientele of Bollywood's famous personalities such as AishwaryaRai, Katrina Kaif, Priyanka Chopra, DeepikaPadukone, Rani Mukherjee, JuhiChawla, Sridevi, ShilpaShetty, and SushmitaSen just to name a few.
Her several shows in different parts of the world such as the US, Canada, Monte Carlo, London, Dubai etc. have played a pivotal part in spreading the glory of Indian fashion. With over 375 films to her credit she has extended her design expertise to Hollywood projects like 'Bride and prejudice', 'One night with a king', 'Mistress of Spices' and 'Provoked'. Her several awards accolades include three President Award for the films 'Lamhe' & 'Devdas', and 'Jodha Akbar'& many more.
The Neeta Lulla flagship store was launched in Mumbai, India in 2005 to cater to her growing clientele and creative needs. Diffusion, Luxury prêt, trousseau consultancy and bridals is what the Neeta Lulla label caters to. Neeta also heads a firm called NSL Fashions Pvt. Ltd. that deals with exclusive bridals and trousseau packages. She is one of the leading names India's industrial houses and high profile personalities swear by when it comes to their personal attire and bridal wear. Shewas also recently awarded Woman Entreprenuer of the year, 2010 and the firm NSL Fashion Pvt Ltd rated as one of the top 100 Small Business of the year 2010.
Her undying love for her work and her immense creativity serves as a motivating factor for many aspiring designers. For her designing is not merely a profession but a fanatical passion. For some one who says 'I want it all. My family and my work, and I work towards it', has certainly stood by it and has redefined success and burgeoning creativity.
• Best Designer of the Year Award – SNDT University in 83 & 84.
• The SNDT Alumni Award dor Best Designer in 1993.
• National Award for Costume Designing 1992 – Yash Chopra's 'Lamhe'.
• Salaam Bombay Award – Winner of the Best Costume Designer in 1996
• The Screen Videocon Award in 1999 – for Best Costume Designer in SubhashGhai's 'Taal' in 2000.
• The Bollywood Award Trophy, New York – Best Costume Designer for 'Taal' – 2000.
• The IIFA Award for 'Taal' – 2000
• Women Achievers Award – 2000 by Lion's Club Lioness 'AlkaPhatak'.
• The Alumni Award for the outstanding work done by the student in the 25 years of history of SNDT College.
• Designer of the Year 2001 – Bollywood Show New york
• Bollywood Awards, New York - Best costume Designer 2001- for Mission Kashmir
• Salute Bombay Fashion Awards - Best costume Designer 2001
• Mikano's Woman Achiever Award
• Felicited by Mukta Arts for her contribution in the momentous success of Mr. SubhashGhai as a film maker
• The Presidents Award for 'Devdas' – 2002
• Bollywood Fashion Award for 'Devdas' – 2002
• The IIFA Award for 'Devdas' – 2002
• Kingfisher Fashion Award for 'Contribution to Fashion' – 2005
• The President's Award for 'Jodha Akbar' – 2008
• Recognition for work done in the teleserial 'Shivaji – 2008
• Woman Entreprenuer of the year – 2010 by Franchise India
• The Presidents Award for 'BalGandharva' – 2011